Sunday 5 August 2007

Super-Procrastinator Girl!!!

Due to a pressing need to frantically procrastinate I've made myself into a comic book character/heroine (as supported by peer-reviewed stat.s [see Table 1.1 right]).

Do I look tough? Like I'd kick ass? Like I could gouge out your eye with a dainty yet deadly stilettoed heel? Like I could change my attire merely by spinning round and round and round really, really fast?
Or do I look plain blurry and trashily pixilated? (Remarkably accurate really considering that's exactly how I'm feeling... possibly due to an overindulgence in recent consumption/s of vodka and Grand Marnier-lashed ice cream [see last post])

For my next busy, time-filled procrastination I will create a matching super-heroine action figure, complete with assorted dazzling accessories. Apart from a variety of colourful capes and externally-worn knickers these are likely to include: a tired and dusty notebook computer, a dazed expression from photo editing, snazzy tortoiseshell spectacles (to hide secret identity), assorted tomes and newspapers (to complete the nerdish persona she secretly hides behind), and an invisible super-jet (they're cheaper that way, plus environmentally friendly and simply packaged). And perhaps an invisible boy-wonder companion (really the best kind; save a lot of hassles...), and maybe a fluffy pet of some description (cause, you know, I'd like a pet, a bunny or dog or cat or something, maybe a fur seal or two, a flamingo... but don't feel I could responsibly commit to one right now as I am likely unable to stay in one place long enough to give it a stable home... *coughs* due to the fact that I'm *ahem* rather busy saving the world and all that).


Anyway, enough procrastinating. *sigh* I'm off for a nanna nap...

**********

The 'Net is a waste of time, and that's exactly what's right about it. (William Gibson)

I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.
(Jerome K. Jerome)