Friday 14 August 2009

Storm

With the windows open and standing in the open doorway, happily gazing upon the lashings of wind and rain, I heard the emergency services man notify radio listeners they'd best stay away from windows as the storm could whip some tree branches their way. Was quite in the mood for some storminess... wasn't really considering any damages....

Well, I suppose I've almost had some storm damage.

You see, later I noticed an ovenmitt from next door's (undercover) clothesline had flopped itself into my yard, peg and all. Venturing out to delicately toss it over the fence I scared the... well, quite literally I'm afraid, scared the shit out of the multitudes of doves sheltering upon my doorstep and window ledges.

Do you think the insurance company would classify a steady line of dove poo as storm damage?