Wednesday 27 May 2009

Freak Eee

I finally got around to purchasing a David Sedaris novel (Naked) to read - the guy absolutely cracked me up when I heard him reading some of his material aloud on the radio. The book was ok but I was a little underwhelmed after my slightly soaring expectations.*

So... today I had to put my finished tome somewhere and I considered getting some credit for it at the local secondhand bookstore, but (speaking of secondhand...) on the other hand, I thought, it might be a good idea to keep it and pass it along to others who might like to read it. Unconsciously, I flicked the book open and immediately laid my eyes upon this line:

I thought I might throw the book away or maybe even burn it, but like a perfectly good outgrown sweater, it seemed a shame to destroy it when the world was full of people who might get some use out of it.


Righto then...!


Kinda freaky when stuff like that happens eh? Almost as freaky as when someone announces yet another tour after their farewell tour The Last Time... which obviously should have been called The Nearly Last Time, followed by Almost the Last Time, and now this one would be called Could Maybe Be The Last Time Or At Least The Penultimate But Don't Hold Your Breath Tour.



* Looks like I'm not the only one. Just read this when looking for a link for the book.