Monday 10 September 2007

I don't get it


I've been cringing a bit lately about women who say:

"Oh no, I can't do that [what I want to do which is completely personal and nothing to do with anyone else] because [insert girlfriend's/best-friend's name here] would be so upset with me!".

Drives me a little nutty.

And, in case I'm being as clear as mud here, the latest example for which I am rolling my eyes in frustration is regarding a woman I know who is contemplating returning to her husband.

Now who's business is that but hers? Yes, take note of how your kids feel about it, that's fair enough. But, to consider not returning to your marriage because it might - and God knows why or how - upset your girlfriend/best friend? I just don't understand.


Do you think women who say such things really mean it?

Or are they just pretending they are ditsy cause they think people like ditsy females?