Friday 3 September 2010

If you can't beat them... beat someone over the head

I think the Coalition is doing a marvelous job of winning over the independents.... to Labor's side.

First, Tony Abbott tried charm when he met with them to discuss the important issues:

"I love the bush. Every time I go to a country area I think 'Isn't this fantastic?'."


Wow. That was subtle.


Next he played coy by refusing to loosen his grip on his policies' costings.

NOES. YOU CAN'TS HAZ DEM!!!


Once those numbers were snatched away, stacked up... and then toppled over...
HEH. WHAT'S $11 BILLION ANYWAY? EH? HEH, HEH.
...he decided to play nasty:

STAYS AWAY FROM DAT LABOR LOT! THEY'RE SCARY! GREEN SCARY!


Well, at least he's stuck to his theme of treating the independents like idiots. Really a winning approach.


PS - Speaking of idiots, Labor has been quite sensible in their approach to Bob "I'm very potent indeed" Katter sending someone who's perhaps on his wavelength, who he can relate to: Kevin lost-the-plot Rudd. I'm guessing Rudd asked BobKat a few questions, answered them himself and BobKat just rambled on over the top of him. Would like to have been a fly on the wall for that one, but then again I'd like to hold onto what little sanity I have left.